The Children’s Book Council of Australia aims to foster children’s enjoyment of books. This is achieved through several methods:
- Children’s Book of the Year Awards
- Providing information on and encouragement to authors and illustrators
- Organising exhibitions and activities during Children’s Book Week
- Supporting children’s library services
- Promoting high standards in book reviewing.
Monthly committee meetings of the NSW Branch are held on the third Monday of the month. Any member is welcome to attend. Members are invited to become involved in all CBCA activities by attending meetings, functions and events or becoming a member of the committee or a sub-committee. All work done by committee members is voluntary.
The Children’s Book Council of Australia
NSW Branch Inc.
PO Box 765
Rozelle NSW 2039
Phone: 02 9818 3858
Fax: 02 9810 0737